Tuesday, April 15, 2008

neither here nor there








So, I've got down 30 or so frames of AQN so far, it's not much but it's better than nothing. I modeled another gun, this time the MRC, which is a prototype that's featured in Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2.









There's a few reasons I like modeling guns: it's really easy to just start from a single block and keep extruding and edge-looping(I can proudly say almost this entire model was legitimately made from a single cube, including the handle), and also it's really satisfying to just pop it into zbrush and look at it on one of the default materials, because it looks remarkably similar to the shader in the Unreal3 engine.

In other news, I got my second framed/signed strip from Chris Onstad today. Watched Appleseed: Ex Machina, which I can proudly say has the best animation I've ever seen in a traditional anime out there. I haven't been into anime in a few years, but this was really good animation.


Also, taxes can go set themselves on fire.

1 comment:

brutally basic said...

wow, you could make the next COD. word.