Thursday, April 10, 2008

POST 001: A Questionable Night Begins


So this project I am working on right now is an animation (tentatively) titled "A Questionable Night." I guess the best way to describe it is Aachi& Ssipak + The Goon + Courage The Cowardly Dog.

The reason I started this whole thing was because I realized I've taken almost every college-level digital art class out there (well, without getting into crazy silly zBrush-level stuff, which hopefully I'll get into later next year), and I had nothing to show for it. I could create a portfolio, but I really have nothing to put into it, besides some figure drawings I did in charcoal and india ink, but to tell the truth I'm not very much of a traditional artist, I always end up drawing some sort of sci-fi badass or something. Anyway, I'm rambling.

Yes, anyway, to the meat of the post: The attached image is a render of the 3D model of the backdrop to "AQN." It's not very detailed, as right now I'm not quite sure whether to texture it and keep getting more detailed, or to rotoscoped it and make it more fitting with the characters.

1 comment:

Miles Inada said...

Hey, that looks good, Garret. Here's a helpful lighting hint I learned about 4 years ago after flailing around like an idiot for 6 years and having every single frame I rendered end up being 35% too dark. Bring that render into Ye Photoshoppe, and check and adjust the levels so that the lighting looks tight. Then use that adjusted image to work your 3D lighting a more. Loads of laughs. Yeah, Phil LaMarr is a cool cat. I remember laughing my ass off when he told me he had been one of the kid voices in the Mr. T cartoon.